WARNING:

This blog is all about books and reviewing/discussing them.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Hunger Games


Okay, so one of my favorite books ever is "The Hunger Games." It has all of the most wanted traits in a book; Suspense, action, romance, even comedy. When I read this book, I just couldn't stop! It always leaves you hanging on the edge. Now, after all my talk about how totally awesome it is I'm sure you're wondering what it's about. Am I right? I know I am.


"The Hunger Games" takes place in America hundreds of years into the future, it's then known as Panem and is made up of 12 districts. The main character is sixteen -year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives in District 12. Every year in Panem 2 contestants, a boy and a girl between the ages 12 and 18, are chosen at random and thrown into an arena to fight to the death on national television. This is called The Hunger Games.

On the day of the Reaping, when the contestants are drawn and shown to the world, Katniss is ready for the worst. But she's at complete shock when she realizes that her 12-year-old sister is picked to go into the arena of death. So she does what any overly protective older sister would do. She volunteers to take her place.

But there is yet another twist to this story when Peeta Mellark is also chosen from Disrtict 12, for Katniss and him have met before in not-so-good circumstances. And later while training for the upcoming games, he is portrayed as her lover.

The Hunger Games is simple and has only one rule, kill or be killed. And when you have 24 other people out to kill you themselves, the chose seems very obvious.

This book keeps you on your toes and, if you asked me, is a very very good read. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. Also, there is a movie that is being made about it that is scheduled to come out in 2011 so don't miss it.
WARNING: MAJOR BOOK SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT! CONTINUE . . . IF YOU DARE.




For those of you who have already read "The Hunger Games" then you know that Katniss sings a lullaby to Rue when she dies. This is what I think it should sound like. And, just for the record. I think this girl has a beautiful voice and I wish I could sing like that . . . but I can't. So please don't ask if this is me. 'Cause it's not. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment